The Classicist is an annual journal from the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art (ICAA) dedicated to the classical tradition in architecture and the allied arts. This is the 2020 edition of the journal.
Focused on the state of Florida, The Classicist No. 17 is guest edited by architect and urban planner Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk, founding principal of DPZ CoDesign and Malcolm Matheson Distinguished Professor of Architecture at the University of Miami. Contributors include Leslee F. Keys, Director of Historic Preservation and Assistant Professor of History at Flagler College; Bruce Stephenson, professor at Rollins College; Wayne Wood, O.D., Hon. AIA, Historian-at-Large for the Jacksonville Historical Society; Beth Dunlop, writer and editor specializing in architecture; and Andres Duany, founding principal of DPZ CoDesign.
THE CLASSICIST NO. 17 IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:
- Letter from the Editor by Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk
- Palaces in Paradise: Carrère & Hastings in St. Augustine by Leslee F. Keys
- Rollins College and Winter Park: Exemplars of the American Renaissance by Bruce Stephenson
- Henry John Klutho in Jacksonville: From Classical Architecture to the Prairie School by Wayne W. Wood
- Discovering Addison Mizner: The Elusive Legacy of Palm Beach’s Most Important Architect by Beth Dunlop
- Classical Florida: A Brief History by Elizabeth Plater-zyberk
- Inventing an Architecture for Florida by Michael Mesko And William Rutledge
- Notes on the Life and Work of Charles Barrett (1956–1996) by Andres Duany
- A Conversation in Miami: Classical Is Traditional Or… by Andres Duany
- Professional Portfolio
- Academic Portfolio
The Guest Editor of the Classicist No. 17 is Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk of DPZ CoDesign based in Miami, FL.
- ISBN: 9781733030915
- Publisher: Institute of Classical Architecture & Art
- Territory: USA & Canada
- Size: 9.5 in x 11.25 in
- Pages: 150pp., Numerous illustrations
- Binding: Paperback